Registration Terms & Conditions
Welcome to TONE Registration Page. By using this, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms. Please review the following terms carefully. The term “TONE” or “us” or “we” or “our” refers to Tone Wow Sdn Bhd, Tone Excel International Sdn Bhd and Tone Plus Sdn Bhd. The term “you” or “Members” refers to the user or the person who is doing the registration. Following are the terms and conditions that govern your access to the registration procedure. Please exit if you do not agree to abide to these terms and conditions.
In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
PART A :ACCEPTANCE OF GUIDELINE ON REGISTRATION OF END-USERS OF PREPAID CELLULAR SERVICES (MCMC/G/01/17) (“Prepaid Registration Guidelines”) FOR DEALERS.
- You must sight and verify the identity of the customer by using any of the following identification documents from the customer for registration purpose:
Malaysians / Permanent Residence Foreigners Original NRIC (MyKad) Valid Passport Valid Permanent Residence (MyPR) Valid Temporary Identity Card (MyKAS) Valid Malaysian Armed Forces (MyTentera)
- You must not proceed with the registration of a customer if the original and valid identification document of such customer is not made available. You shall not accept on TONE’s behalf any third party or photocopied identification documents without sighting the ORIGINAL identification documents.
- You must conduct the registration in the presence of the customer (ie. The customer must be physically present at the time of registration). You shall not register the customer if you are aware or has suspicion that the customer is not the same person on the identification document.
- You shall not register any customers who are below the age of 12. Such registration shall always be rejected.
- For registration via MyKad reader or Optical Characteristics Recognition (OCR), you must ensure that all relevant information is filled in Tone’s system appropriately and correctly. The relevant information includes:
Mandatory Customer Information To Be Captured During Registration Malaysian / Permanent Residence Foreigners Full Name (as per ID) Full Name (as per Passport) Identification Number (as per ID) Passport Number Permanent Address (as per ID) Passport Issuing Country -
Address Provided as per ;
- Student ID with University address (Students)
- Hotel Reservation / Booking (Tourist)
- You must not use any false information to register new sim cards.
- You shall ensure that each of the relevant sim cards sold is duly registered prior to its usage to comply with TONE’s requirements and policies.
- You must not register more than 5 sim cards per customer.
Important Note: TONE at all times shall be entitled to, in its sole and absolute discretion, suspend and/or terminate your appointment with immediate effect if you fail to comply with any provisions contained in the MCMC Prepaid Registration Guidelines which can be referred to the link below :
PART B : PENALTY
- TONE shall impose a penalty on Members who fail to ensure the accuracy and veracity of the data as such acts constitutes a breach of the MCMC Prepaid Registration Guidelines.
- Type of penalties that will be imposed on the Members will depend on the severity of their offence which includes but not limited to suspension and termination.
- Members who commit breach which includes but is not limited to the following:
- not adhering to the required method of registration as contained in the MCMC Prepaid Registration Guidelines;
- failure to carry out proper verification in registering customers;
- selling pre-activated SIM cards to customers;
- using customers information to register new numbers without the knowledge of the particular customers;
- using any false information to register new sim cards; or
- any other matter TONE deems appropriate, shall be dealt with in accordance
PART C: DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS AND BREACHES
- The processes for dealing with complaints are as follows:
- TONE will handle complaints received on any breach specified from the following parties:-
- Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission;
- Other Service Providers;
- customers; or
- any other sources.
- TONE shall revert to the complainant within fifteen (15) days from the receipt of a complaint, on the resolution of the said complaint.
- The Member will be sent a Show Cause Letter by TONE should they be found in breach of the MCMC Registration Guidelines and have to make written submission to TONE within seven (7) days from the date of the Show Cause Letter on why such breach is committed.
- If the written submission is unsatisfactory and the Member is found to be in breach, TONE will issue a warning letter to the Member.
- A Member who fails to respond to the Show Cause Letter within the stipulated time shall be given a notice of suspension and be suspended immediately.
- TONE shall conduct further investigation, and if the Member is found not to have committed any breach, the suspension may be lifted.
- In the case of a repeated offence, TONE shall immediately send the Notice of Suspension to the said Member and the Member shall be suspended for a minimum period of three (3) months and all commission by TONE will not be paid to Member.
- If the Member is found to be in breach of any of the MCMC Prepaid Registration Guidelines, TONE shall terminate the Member’s service, including all incentives and commission and impose a penalty on the Member according to the penalty imposed by MCMC.
Members may appeal against the suspension and penalty by submitting any relevant documents and/or documentary evidence to substantiate that they have done all that is necessary to rectify the breaches and have given written undertaking that such breaches will not recur. Each appeal will be reviewed and decided upon by TONE on case to case basis.
Additional Terms and Conditions specific to WOW will be made available on our website www.tonewow.net/tnc and Digi Service are set out in https://www.digi.com.my/support/tnc/general/all-general-terms-conditions. These, including amendments to them, are hereby incorporated as an essential part of these Terms and Conditions, all of which are collectively referred to as “T&C.”